The Elgin/Kettle Creek Agricultural Conservation Scholarship
Created by Elgin County Junior Farmers Alumni, Elgin Federation of Agriculture and the Kettle Creek Conservation Authority.
The fund is administered by the Kettle Creek Environmental Trust.
Every year $500 or 75% of the annual interest from the scholarship fund, whichever is greater and is awarded based upon the selection criteria.
Awarded annually to an Elgin County or Kettle Creek watershed resident, between the ages of 17 – 30 who are entering or currently pursuing agriculturally-related studies with an emphasis on compatibility with the natural environment at a post-secondary institution.
The selection committee is comprised of the Kettle Creek Conservation Authority Chair/or designate; the Elgin County Federation of Agriculture President/or designate, and an Elgin County Junior Farmers Alumni designate.
Applications are judged based on the following criteria:
- student from Elgin County or the Kettle Creek watershed;
- demonstrated interest in agriculture, environment and/or conservation;
- demonstrated leadership and community involvement;
- satisfactory academic achievement, and
- demonstrated financial need.
- Applications with all supporting documents must be submitted by August 15 of each year.