Skip to content

Kettle Creek Conservation Authority

Regulation Services

Pursuant to section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act, KCCA prohibits, regulates, and requires permission of the Authority prior to any development or alteration activities upon lands under its jurisdiction.

Ontario Regulation 41/24: Prohibited Activities, Exemptions and Permits came into force on April 1, 2024 and replaces the former Ontario Regulation 181/06: Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses for the Kettle Creek watershed.

Ontario Regulation 41/24 applies to lands within the following areas and are further described within section 2 of the regulation:

  1. Hazardous lands,
  2. Wetlands,
  3. River or stream valleys,
  4. Areas adjacent or close to the shoreline of the Great Lakes – St. Lawrence River System or to an inland lake and that may be affected by flooding, erosion or dynamic beach hazards, and
  5. Other areas, including areas within 30 metres of a wetland.

Maps of regulated areas within the Kettle Creek watershed are available at the head office and KCCA’s website located at

The following activities are prohibited in the area of jurisdiction of the Authority without a Permit from KCCA.

Alteration or Interference Activities: Activities to straighten, change, divert or interfere in any way with the existing channel of a creek, stream, or watercourse or to change or interfere in any way with a wetland.

Development Activities which include:

  1. The construction, reconstruction, erection or placing of a building or structure of any kind,
  2. Any change to a building or structure that would have the effect of altering the use or potential use of the building or structure, increasing the size of the building or structure or increasing the number of dwelling units in the building or structure,
  3. Site grading, or
  4. The temporary or permanent placing, dumping or removal of any material, originating on the site or elsewhere.

If you are unsure whether or not your property falls within a KCCA Regulated Area, or whether your proposal requires a KCCA permit, you are encouraged to contact our office for information and guidance.

It should be noted that a permit from KCCA does not replace building permits, or any other permits or approvals issued through municipal offices or other government agencies. Equally important, other agency approvals do not replace permits required from KCCA.

For additional information on the regulation and application process please refer to KCCA’s Permit Application Package.

Regulation Fees

Technical Studies


Staff Contact

Joe Gordon
Manager of Planning & Development
Tel: (519) 631-1270 ext. 226

Skip to content