The Administration Centre is closed to the public. Service continues to be available on-line and staff are available by phone or email using our Staff Directory.
KCCA’s Campgrounds (Dalewood and Lake Whittaker) are closed for the season.
Conservation Areas and Hiking Trails
- Conservation areas including all of KCCA’s Trails are not maintained from December 1 – April 30. During the Provincial lockdown, staff availability will be very limited.
- Please do not block gates at property entrances.
- Staff do not monitor the depth of ice on any properties.
- Stay away from waterways and keep off frozen water bodies.
- If there is an emergency, call 911.
Dan Patterson Cross Country Ski Trail
Weather permitting, a cross country ski trail is marked at Dan Patterson Conservation Area. Please see the map available at the parking lot entrance.
Kettle Creek Dog Park
The Kettle Creek Dog Park is currently open. Help us keep it that way. During the Provincial lockdown, staff availability will be limited.
- This area contains high touch surfaces that are not cleaned or disinfected.
- Bring your own doggy bags; take away your own garbage.
- Face coverings are encouraged.
- Stay 2 metres apart at all times.
- Come back if it is busy or exceeds the current provincial gathering limits.
If you visit our properties during the Provincial Lockdown:
- Staff availability will be very limited – properties will not be maintained. Use is at your own risk. Exercise caution. Do not attend if conditions are wet or icy.
- All washroom facilities area closed.
- Follow all posted signage and familiarize yourself with KCCA’s COVID-19 Etiquette.
- In the event of an emergency, call 911
Answers to FAQ
Answers to FAQ
• To make a payment call 519-631-1270 and ask to speak with Jessica
• If you are planning to build and need information about required permits click here
• Flood Forecasting and Warning messages will continue to be posted here
• For a current staff directory click here
Regulation & Planning FAQ
Anyone who would like to discuss a potential development proposal or preparing an application submission is encouraged to contact the following staff person during regular business hours (Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm):
Assistant Manager, Supervisor of Planning and Conservation Areas
Tel: (519)631-1270 ext. 226
Permits will be issued by email
Paper submissions can be mailed or couriered to the KCCA Administration Centre (44015 Ferguson Line, St.Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T3). However, there may be some delays with a paper application submission as staff currently have limited access to the office.
Cheque’s or money order will also be accepted by mail or courier.
Elgin County Woodland Conservation By-Law FAQ
Staff are working remotely and will continue to accept Harvest Applications (Notice of Intents) during this time. Harvest Applications can be submitted by Fax: (519) 631-5026, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: Kettle Creek Conservation Authority, 44015 Ferguson Line, St. Thomas, N5P 3T3. For assistance please contact Jeff by e-mail or 519-631-1270 ext. 231.