Applications are now closed for the 2021 EYC program.
The EYC is a fun way to earn volunteer hours towards your OSSD while gaining hands-on experience in the environmental field. EYC members gain skills and experience that will be a great addition to your resume. To be eligible for the program, you must be a high school student. If you enjoy being outdoors or have interest in environmental studies, you will benefit from this opportunity.
2021 Program Outline
Late April/early May 2021 – Orientation (virtual via Zoom)
May/June 2021 – Tree Planting event at Bucke Conservation Area
May/June 2021 – Wildflower Plug Planting event at Port Stanley Sewage Lagoons
July/August 2021 – Invasive Species Removal event at Dan Patterson Conservation Area
July/August 2021 – Trail Maintenance event
- Participants will be expected to perform a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to each event.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to each event location.
- Events will vary in duration – typically 1.5-2.5 hours.
- Participants will require sturdy shoes, appropriate clothing, sunscreen, water bottle, snacks. All required equipment will be provided.
- Participants are eligible for volunteer hours reflecting the hours contributed to events attended.
For more information about the Environmental Youth Corps program, please contact us.
Stewardship Program Supervisor
Tel: (519) 631-1270 ext. 229